“In time, not very much time at all, it will be the decisions of the children we teach today that will shape the world” – Dr Simon Longstaff, The Ethics Centre.
Volunteers are the backbone of the Primary Ethics program. Volunteer ethics teachers dedicate time each week to teach school children how to think deeply, discuss respectfully and develop well-reasoned opinions about everyday, age-appropriate ethical issues.
We want to ensure all NSW children get access to our wonderful program. We need volunteers from your local area to help us do this.
About Us Primary Ethics is the sole approved provider of ethics classes in over 450 public primary schools in NSW which run as a meaningful alternative in the scripture/non-scripture timeslot each week.
The opportunity Primary Ethics is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to teach ethics lessons in Teven-Tintenbar Public School.
By joining our team you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Undertake free comprehensive training, online or in person
- Facilitate thought-provoking discussions amongst young children (our program caters to years K-6)
- Learn new skills in facilitation and classroom management with the added benefit of learning about philosophical ideas and principles
- Have access to continued professional development and expert lesson materials
- Connect with younger generations and hear how they think about issues
- Promote the program to the school network and the wider community
- Be a part of our Primary Ethics volunteer community - meet new people, support one another and exchange ideas!
A commitment of only 1-2 hours a week is required to volunteer. No experience is necessary and all training and lesson materials are provided.
Primary Ethics is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applicants of all ages from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, so if you have some spare time and want to give back to your community, we’d love to hear from you.
The impact Volunteering with us means you get involved in your community, meet new challenges within a supportive team and have the immense satisfaction of contributing to young children developing skills for life.