Dementia Australia is the national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers. We provide advocacy, support services, education and information.
Our Memory Lane Cafe welcomes people living with dementia and their support person for a morning of social connection and companionship. Volunteers assist with the warm welcome of our cafe guests and provide practical support.
The cafés are essential in providing an opportunity for people impacted by dementia to enjoy time together in the company of people in a similar situation to themselves. Dementia Australia counselling staff and trained volunteers are also in attendance at every event. Refreshments and entertainment are provided.
If you have the following approach and experience, it would be wonderful to hear from you:
- a warm, welcoming approach and genuine interest in others
- happy to help with practical tasks such as set up, guest registration, and making tea and coffee.
- the experience of supporting someone living with dementia desirable but not essential.
Volunteers will be required to:
- undergo an interview
- reference and police checks (at Dementia Australia's cost).
- provide evidence of COVID and influenza vaccination
- participate in induction and orientation sessions
- complete eLearning training
- commit to ongoing training
Morning tea is provided.
Free car parking is available.
For further details and next steps contact: [email protected].