Do you want to help in Advocating for, Promoting & Rehoming of Retired Race Horses, while working with a dedicated team of volunteers across Queensland? We want to hear from you! We are currently seeking skilled individuals who have experience in helping animals in need, to carry out various voluntary roles including the role of a Fundraising Coordinator. The Standardbred Association Qld (SAQ) is a not-for-profit association, operating throughout Queensland and staffed exclusively by volunteers.
The Role We are looking for a Fundraising Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Management Committee, you will assist with the coordination of fundraising events and initiatives for the Association.
- Develop a fundraising action plan
- Identify and provide the committee with recommendations for all fundraising opportunities for the upcoming year
- Work with the Treasurer to accurately set fundraising sales targets which will be reflected in the Association’s budget
- Provide monthly updates to the committee regarding fundraising duties and events.
- Create the fundraising marketing information which can be provided to Association participants so they can promote fundraising opportunities to their network of family and friends
- Have the Associations website updated to reflect current fundraising information.
- Have social media posts created that promote the Association's fundraising opportunities
- Be the primary point of contact for all fundraising enquires
- Review fundraising sales with the Treasurer to ensure the financial targets for fundraising sales have been achieved and if not formulate corrective strategies.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team, taking on new tasks as required
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Highly developed communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Ability to perform set tasks efficiently and to a high standard
- Have passion, drive and commitment
- Be flexible and confident in engaging others
- Access to internet, email, web, MS Word, MS Excel or equivalent
- Reports to the Associations Management Committee • Liaises with the Club Sub Committee • Liaises with all members of SAQ.
- Accountable to the Associations Management Committee.
If you want to meet new people, have fun, learn new skills, use your skills, build confidence and contribute in a positive way to our community, helping at SAQ is a great place to start! Do you love having fun, love meeting people, love making a difference to animals in needs of our assistance…then we’d love to hear from you!
Persons aged 55 and above who meet Newstart Allowance eligibility requirements may also apply.