Make-A-Wish® Australia brings amazing people together to grant inspirational, life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We work with sick kids, their families and medical teams to grant unforgettable wishes – like making unicorns fly, sending kids to the moon to and even helping Australia's youngest ever cricket captain don the baggy green!
The friendly team at Hobart Branch are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised individual to join Make-A-Wish as their Branch President. By sharing your time and skills, you can help Australian children experiencing life-threatening illnesses.
As the Branch President your main focus will be to lead a group of passionate and diverse individuals towards Make-A-Wish Australia’s shared goal to make every eligible child’s wish come true at a community level.
You will achieve this by:
- Leading regular monthly group catch ups to discuss any relevant updates or changes
- Checking in on your team to ensure they are engaged and enjoying their Make-A-Wish experience, and directing them to our support services when required
- Motivating your branch volunteers, encouraging those with key roles to take ownership of their own areas of responsibility, along with the growth and development of others
- Monitoring the capacity and culture of your wish granting group and notifying the Volunteer Programmes Team of any changes or recruitment needs
We know that your time is precious, so we will work with you to make sure you get the most out of your experience with us.
You have the opportunity to:
- Join an inspiring organisation, where you will help children experience the anticipation and long lasting effects of a wish-come-true
- Receive training to get you President-ready
- Access ‘Community’, our online support network where you can connect with other members of our Wish Force and access handy resources
- Make connections and build lifelong friendships
**All branch volunteers must have regular access to a personal email address and desktop (ideally) or smart phone/device.
There are few experiences more powerful than helping make a wish come true. Together, we have helped countless local families through fundraising, events and wish-related activities.
If you’re 18 years of age or over, you’re looking to be inspired and share Make-A-Wish’s values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Community and Child Focus apply today!
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include background screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.