Presbyterian Aged Care is looking for caring, reliable volunteers to take seniors living in the Hills and Hornsby district shopping once a fortnight for their groceries.
Shopping escort volunteers are matched with a client and the role involves:
- collecting the client from their home at the arranged time
- taking them by car to their preferred shops
- assisting with picking items from the shelves
- pushing the trolley if required
- assisting with the checkout process
- carrying bags
- taking the client home at the end of the shop
The ideal person will be :
- reliable, patient and compassionate
- have time available during the week, Monday to Friday (not weekends)
- hold a full driver's licence (no P's)
- have a reliable vehicle with full comprehensive insurance
Two hours a fortnight is all the time required and if you would like to support an elderly person with their shopping, we would like to hear from you.