For the full Position Description and details on how to apply, see the Out For Australia website.
Outreach at OFA encompasses connecting with key stakeholders in the LGBTQIA+ student community, building relationships, and raising awareness of the support OFA can offer LGBTQIA+ students as they transition into the workplace.
The National Outreach Director will lead OFA’s outreach strategy, lead cross-cutting outreach projects, and support and mentor OFA’s Outreach Coordinators to connect with their student communities.
Outreach strategy and portfolio ownership (60%)
- Own, develop and implement OFA’s National Outreach Strategy.
- Attend relevant team meetings, including National Executive meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Deputy CCO.
- Support the creation of, and help maintain, resources for volunteers to conduct outreach activities.
Team leadership and support (30%)
- Act as the key support and mentor for OFA’s outreach volunteers.
- Coordinate regular National Outreach Team meetings (eg. fortnightly or monthly).
General volunteer expectations (10%)
- Undertake an OFA volunteer induction and role onboarding.
- Understand and implement OFA’s strategy, vision and mission.
- Uphold our volunteer code of conduct.
- Assist with initiatives as required.