The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of The Australian BPD Foundation.
The Australian BPD Foundation is seeking the services of a dynamic Treasurer with a CA or CPA qualification to join our board and be part of our exciting future.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES: Ideally, candidates will possess:
- CA or CPA qualification
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Relevant experience in accounting and finance
- The capability to oversee the operational aspects of the foundations’ finances
- Knowledge of the mental health sector and or BPD would be an advantage
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategy and planning - contributing to the long-term development and sustainability of The Australian BPD Foundation and its activities with a focus on financial management.
- Accountability – ensuring the Australian BPD Foundation’s
- Finances are effectively managed and the foundation
- Meets its legal and governance obligations
- Representation - advocating for the Australian BPD Foundation (and the communities in which we work) to partners and donors
- Resourcing - securing financial support and pro-bono/in-kind products and services to benefit the Australian BPD Foundation
- Board meetings are held via zoom so there is no requirement to live in Melbourne
The board currently has a mix of expertise from those with lived experience of living with or supporting a person with BPD, clinicians and interested community members.