NSW SES is a volunteer-based organisation that works with communities to prepare and respond to severe weather events and is the lead agency for flood, storm, and tsunami in NSW. We manage responses to these emergencies and help communities prepare through planning and education.
The NSW SES Ku-ring-gai Unit is seeking expressions of interest for the Deputy Training Co-ordinator role. This role is a non-operational volunteer position based at the Ku-ring-gai SES Unit in Wahroonga.
About the role: The Deputy Training Co-ordinator is responsible for working with the Training Co-ordinator and Training Specialists to ensure that:
- The Unit has the capability required to capably fulfil its legislated role
- Training needs are analysed, and capability gaps are identified and addressed
- Work with SES trainers and assessors to produce the annual training calendar
- Support Unit succession planning through training; and
- Ensure that the Unit meets the requirements for a Registered Training Organisation.
About you: NSW SES volunteers come from all walks of life, bringing with them many different skills, interests, and backgrounds. We are united by the purpose of supporting our community in times of need. To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Keen interest in working with volunteers in a team environment
- Friendly, professional, reliable, with a proven ability to motivate and manage teams
- Good communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Highly organised
- 16+ years of age; and
- Covid-19 vaccination.
Highly Desirable, but not essential as training will be provided:
- Formal training and assessment qualifications; and
- Previous experience in administering training or other programmes or events
If this sounds like you please submit an expression of interest (EOI) by hitting the apply button below. In no more than 500 words tell us about your skills and experience relevant to this role.
Or for more information email [email protected]