The club provides assistance in the literacy, numeracy and homework of students who attend the club through utilising training and resources provided by the organization.
The role requires a minimum of 10 week commitment, approx 1-2 hours per week.
The key responsibilities are -
- Assist students in developing skills and knowledge in particular subject areas through school based task.
- Assist in setting up Learning Club each week.
- Assist with goal setting in collaboration with student and LC coordinator and our staff and record progress of student development.
- Assist students with resources provided to increase literacy/numeracy/homework.
Essential Skills -
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Sound knowledge of primary subjects area
- Able to interact well with young people
Desirable Skills -
- Understanding factors that affect students from financially disadvantaged families.
- Experience in working in the education sector or currently studying in the field of education
- Previous experience in working with children/youth.