The Visitor Information Centre is open seven days a week, but closed every Good Friday and Christmas Day.
Volunteer activity times are as agreed, generally between 4-8 hours per activity day, dependent of the volunteer availability and centre needs.
Training will be provided to help you provide a great service to tourists and members of our community.
- Provide a professional, welcoming and friendly service to centre visitors
- Assist with visitor enquiries as required
- Assist with administrative duties as required
- Attend to other appropriate tasks, as directed by Centre staff
- Attend volunteer meetings and keep up to date with Centre communications/information
- Attend familiarisation tours of the local region, to increase relevant knowledge
Benefits of the role:
- Opportunity to gain skills and experience
- Develop new social networks with staff, volunteers and clients
- Participation in volunteer recognition events
- Training and personal development opportunities
- A fun and rewarding environment
- Access to the Benestar Hub program
Essential skills, knowledge and personal qualities:
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Physically able to fulfil the role
- Ability to manage competing priorities and customer expectations
- Previous experience within a kitchen/cafe environment
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and backgrounds
Preferred skills, knowledge and personal qualities:
- Customer service experience or willingness to undertake appropriate training
- Friendly, “can do” attitude.
- Some knowledge of the local area would be an advantage
As a council volunteer you are required to participate in the following sessions to ensure you are appropriately prepared for your role:
- Volunteer Orientation prior to commencing your volunteering role
- Role specific program induction, including specific WHS training
- Safe Food Handling training
- Responsible Service of Alcohol training