Morton Park hosts a range of sport and recreation facilities including:
- One of Adelaide’s largest skateparks
- 4x tennis courts (with hitting walls and lights)
- 2x netball courts
- Multi use oval space
- Ninja warrior equipment
- 2x half-court basketball courts
The City of Onkaparinga work with the Roger Rasheed Sports Foundation to provide multiple sport and recreation programs every week for local young people. Each term we change some of the sports to provide variety to participants.
Some examples of tasks that the role may require are:
- Actively engage with participants and their parents/caregivers to increase active participation on the site
- Recording all attendances for each sport, this information will be used to produce program reports
- Participate in some of the sports as this can encourage young people to get involved themselves
- Outreach support for those on site, this may involve speaking to young people or general park users
- Provide food to individuals or recommend local services that may be relevant to some young people
The successful applicant must possess and provide a Department of Human Services (DHS) ‘not prohibited’ Working with Children Check.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, and you’re free Monday – Friday, please apply!!
If you require more information on the role and what may be expected, please contact Jeffery Purves, Community Development Officer – Youth Recreation on 0481 093 908