Beyond The Broncos Volunteer Tutor Position - Toowoomba Region
The Brisbane Broncos in partnership with the Federal Government, manage the Beyond the Broncos programs which are aimed at improving school attendance and Year 12 attainment rates for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander high school students. Our Beyond The Broncos programs operate in over 50 schools across QLD and Northern NSW, providing mentoring to over 2300 students though our dedicated Student Support Officers.
The Volunteer Tutors will work within our partner schools with our Beyond The Broncos program participants.
- Provide tutoring support to students in a group or one on one setting
- Assist students to complete homework and assignments
- Provide weekly student contact notes and timesheets
- Ensure complete confidentiality of all information discussed while respecting the rights and privacy of students and other tutors
- Work accordingly with the Work, Health and Safety guidelines within high schools
- Commit to one full school term as a valuable member of the Brisbane Broncos volunteer team
What we offer:
- Develop a greater cultural awareness and understanding of indigenous communities
- Get a head start in creating valuable networks that will prove fruitful in jump starting your career in teaching or community service.
- Gain valuable practical work experience and be rewarded with exclusive Broncos tickets and merchandise.
- Training will be provided
Who we’re looking for:
- Ability to work well in a diverse team within a school environment
- Work autonomously and maintain accountability
- Be able to engage with youth in a positive and encouraging way
- Have great time management skills
- Ideally have experience in tutoring or teaching
- Must commit to volunteer for a minimum of one full school term
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner while upholding the Brisbane Broncos values of being united, accountable, respectful and grateful.