Situated in Brendale, The Nest Community is a space to share, learn and support sustainable living through handcrafts. Our philosophy is when women support each other, incredible things happen. The Nest We’re a registered charity run by a thriving community of volunteers who love to share their love of making and support our Exchange mentoring program for young women.
Since opening the doors in 2014 we have touched the lives of over 10,000 women providing over 350,000 hours of social connection. Our main source of funding is our Haberdashery Thrift Shop located under the house that we call home.
Our low cost habby is stocked with high quality resources it allows us to redistribute these donated and reclaimed materials back into our community. So far, we have diverted 120km of fabric form landfill.
Our Thrift Shop Assistants have a variety of duties:
- Serving and engaging with like-minded craft customers
- Sorting, pricing and the presentation of stock
- Operating a cash register (training will be provided)
- General duties around the shop such as tidying stock
- Light housekeeping/cleaning duties
- Other duties as directed by the Shift Leader.
So if you have:
- A desire to be part of a friendly team environment
- Fabric / Yarn / Craft knowledge
- Good communication skills and a friendly and approachable manner
- Blue Card (or willing to get one). Express your interest below and we'll contact you with further information.