About the Program:
The McLaren Vale and Fleurieu Coast Visitor Centre is located at the entrance to McLaren Vale and is the first port of call for visitors from around the world and locals alike to our region.
We are a very busy centre with an on-site café, gin distillery, art gallery, retail and extensive gardens. The role of the Groundsperson is to support the maintenance and management of the centre grounds and gardens, ensuring the area is inviting, enjoyable and safe for centre visitors.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Physically able to fulfil the role
- Previous gardening and/or handy man skills
- Some knowledge of plants and seasonal planting
- Ability to work independently, when required
- Ability to work as a team member
- Possesses a positive and committed attitude.
- An expertise in garden maintenance or horticulture
- The ability to adhere to WHS and Safe Work practices and procedures
- Friendly and personable
Tuesday and Friday mornings.
As a council volunteer you are required to participate in the following sessions to ensure you are appropriately prepared for your role:
- Volunteer Orientation prior to commencing your volunteering role
- Role specific program induction, including specific WHS training
- Safe use of gardening equipment/tools
If you think this opportunity suits you, please apply!
A Driver Assessment and Medical Assessment may be requirements as part of the approved driver process (if required to drive a council vehicle).