The Canberra Hospital Foundation Charity BBQ has become quite the institution at Canberra Hospital, and we go on come rain, hail, or shine, every Thursday.
Serving breakfast and lunch to healthcare workers, patients, and visiting families, it is located opposite Building 8 on Hospital Road at Canberra Hospital.
Staffed by the BBQ Manager and a team of wonderful volunteers, the BBQ sells simple, quality foods, sourced through local Canberra businesses.
Besides greeting customers with a smile, volunteer duties include
- setting up
- taking orders and payment
- and best of all, handing out yummy BBQ favourites to hungry staff and visitors at Canberra Hospital
Funds raised through the CHF Charity BBQ will go towards:
- provision of therapeutic programs and comfort items for our patients and their loved ones
- refurbishments to help make away from bed spaces less clinical
- specialised equipment and
- important research.
By joining the Bar-B-Crew you will be giving support that sizzles!