About this opportunity
As a Boat Crew Member at Marine Rescue Crowdy Harrington, you'll undertake tasks that include:
- Responding to emergencies and other incidents offshore and on enclosed waters.
- Carry our Search and Rescue operations, working in partnership with the NSW Police Force Marine Area Command.
- Rescue boats that have broken down due to mechanical problems, flat batteries or lack of fuel and towing them back to shore.
- Transporting paramedics or firefighters to incidents in isolated or inaccessible locations.
- Removing boats or other objects that are navigation hazards.
Why you should volunteer with us
Our mission is to save lives on the water. We provide the boating community with 24/7 marine search, rescue and communication services. Each year, we undertake more than 3,000 rescues across the state and return close to 10,000 boaters safely back to shore.
Becoming a volunteer with Marine Rescue NSW provides you with an opportunity to learn new skills, meet like-minded people and help provide an essential service to the community.
About Marine Rescue NSW
Marine Rescue NSW is an independent not-for-profit emergency services organisation and NSW's official volunteer marine rescue service. Marine Rescue NSW receives financial support from the NSW Government and boating community through a direct Government grant and a levy on recreational boat licences and registration. However, our organisation also continuously relies on our volunteers’ community fundraising efforts, grants, sponsors and donations to support the vital, life-saving service we provide to our community.
Join our team and help save lives on the water.