As a Driver your regular duties during an average day might involve:
- Loading and unloading the mobile wardrobe (Thread Together Van)
- Driving van to scheduled events/ service locations
- Work alongside the style assistant volunteer and Coordinator Thread Together
- Assisting with picking and packing clothing, despatch, stock rotation and stocktake
Key Timing and Requirements
- We are seeking volunteers on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays 9am-3pm
- Length of volunteer shifts are negotiable - half day or full day shifts are available
- Volunteers will need to be able to make their own way to and from Anglicare WA sites in Midland or Mirrabooka.
You will be passionate about providing a high level of customer service to ensure everyone walks away feeling fantastic about their new threads. People interested in volunteering with Thread Together has the following skills or attributes:
- Customer service experience, preferably within the retail industry – Not compulsory
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Patience, empathy and the willingness to help people from a variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
However, the most important thing we are looking for is someone who shares and models Anglicare WA’s values, who is a motivated and friendly team player and who has a willingness to learn.
Essential Screening and Checks
Before commencing all volunteers will need to:
- Hold a National Police Clearance valid within the last 12 months, or be willling to apply for one. (If you do not have one of these, we can assist you to apply.)
- Complete Anglicare WA’s volunteer induction steps and training.
- Unrestricted drivers licence.
As a volunteer with Anglicare WA you will be part of a dedicated team, passionate about making a difference and committed to supporting all people we work with to thrive.
COMMITMENT TO CHILD SAFETY AND WELLBEING Anglicare WA believe children have the right to survival, development, protection and participation, as stated in the United Nations Convention of the Rights of the Child. We acknowledge the findings of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse and are committed to the protection of children and young people from harm, abuse and exploitation.