Your role will be to assist individuals to feel comfortable and enjoy the Coffee and Lunch social meetings.
- Arrive at the venue at the agreed.
- To greet attendees on arrival and direct them to the allocated Community Care group tables.
- Facilitate social interaction with the participants during the activity.
- Provide support to individuals by directing them to and from the toilet facilities.
- Direct participants to the community bus at departure time from the venue
- Work in partnership with the Social Support Team
- Able to commit for a period of time, for example, minimum 6 months.
- Able to work in partnership with the participants.
- Respectful with paid staff, volunteers and the people you are delivering to.
Desirable skills, attributes, qualifications:
- Friendly and enjoy talking with staff, volunteers and clients
- Experience dealing with older people and people with disabilities
- Experience dealing with difficult people
Please express interest to be emailed a full position description and volunteer application form. Suitable applicants will be invited to an interview. COVID-19 Protocol and Health Guidelines Social Inclusion is totally committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of our participants, employees, and the community. We are closely monitoring the communications from the Department of Health and have implemented precautionary measures to minimise the risk of COVID-19 infiltrating our high-risk aged-care community. City of Parramatta Community Care Team provides services for older people, adults living with a disability and carers of these people. Our team of 70 Volunteers are vital to our services. Volunteers are supported with training, travel reimbursements, and ongoing supervision and support. There are opportunities to mix with other volunteers throughout the year and be a part of a valued team. If you are reliable and have a passion for helping your community, we'd love you to consider joining our team of volunteers. All volunteers must undergo a criminal record check and provide 2 referees.