About the Program
Mindset for Life is a series of 3 peer-led workshops that hopes to give older people new ways of thinking about ‘post-work’ life to help them live well and stay connected as they grow older. This program is delivered by people who are approaching this life transition or are already out the other side and designing their retirement journey.
As a Volunteer convenor, you would attend our community conversation groups alongside Council Staff to share resources and assist community members in learning more about applying a positive mindset in the future.
The position will be at various workshop locations within the City of Onkaparinga.
- Support staff to deliver and evaluate Mindset for Life Conversation groups
- Build rapport with workshop attendees and share lived experiences
- Facilitate conversation in a confidential and supportive manner
- Act as an intermediary between program participants and the host agency, promptly conveying any concerns to the designated officer in the host agency. Communicate any difficulties and issues to the appropriate Volunteer Coordinator
Essential skills, knowledge and personal qualities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport with community members but also manage group dynamics
- Strong organisation and attention to detail
- Ability to be reliable, flexible and adaptable
- Understanding of the scope of the role and the importance of professional boundaries
- Volunteers must possess and provide a Department of Human Services (DHS) clearance (Aged Care Sector) prior to offer of position.
- Volunteers must be over 18 and have completed their own ACD within the past three years. Support can be offered for individuals to undertake a Mindset for life induction and training as part of their volunteer induction.
If you think this opportunity suits you, please apply!