The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Murnong First Peoples Gathering Place.
As a Volunteer, you will be integral to fostering the success of our emerging and important Cultural Gathering Place.
Your responsibilities will encompass:
- Opening and Closing: Ensure that the gathering place is ready to welcome visitors by opening and closing the venue.
- Engage visitors with informative tours of the spaces, sharing insights about Indigenous culture and the various aspects of the gathering place's importance.
- Provide assistance with light administrative tasks, including visitor sign-ins, basic record-keeping and maintaining a clean environment.
- Engage with visitors through meaningful interactions, answering queries, facilitating discussions and fostering connections.
- Share tea and coffee, offering a warm and comforting experience.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Enthusiastic attitude for learning about and sharing cultural heritage and experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to connect with diverse groups of people.
- A welcoming demeanor and a sincere interest in participating in cultural exchange.
- Skills for assisting with minor administrative duties.
- Previous exposure to hospitality, community or cultural events is a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously
This role may suit someone who identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander or someone who has an understanding and appreciation for First People's heritage and culture.