Tasks involved are:
- Regular pulling of weeds along the edge of the driveway and surrounds to the carpark, approximately monthly
- Trimming back of climbers and bushes in Autumn and Spring
- Clearing of rubbish as required
- Planting and watering as required
In line with the Society’s Work Health and Safety policy, the Gardening Volunteer needs to:
- care for the personal wellbeing of yourself and others – ask for help if it is needed to move heavy objects, and have breaks to maintain alertness
- ensure that the venue and equipment are used safely and respectfully
- report accidents or incidents to your project leader, or a member of staff
- in the event of any emergency, follow the instructions of the person in charge and assist other users or volunteers to evacuate if told to do so.
Role Description Successful fulfilment of the role requires:
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Regular ongoing availability
- The ability to assess situations for risk and report to management
To be in good physical health with good dexterity and the ability to use small gardening tools
- All PPE, tools and equipment will be supplied.