Baptcare Orana Day centre respite care
Respite care gives family and carers a short break from looking after an elderly family member. It’s a chance for carers to take time out to recharge and look after their own health and wellbeing.
Our day centres are friendly and comfortable, with care delivered by qualified and experienced carers. Day respite at our day centres is available Monday to Friday.
The role of the Volunteer Visitor is vital in creating a sense of wellbeing, connection and community for seniors.
Volunteers make regular social visits and engage in social activities. We aim to match volunteers with customers that may share a common interest, cultural or life experience or hobby.
The visits are scheduled at the mutually convenient time, and you will be supported throughout your volunteer journey by our amazing team.
- Help reduce isolation of our customers and improve their wellbeing
- Give something back to the community and meet new people
- Support the elderly to continue accessing our community, such as accompanied shopping, attending appointments or just going out for a cuppa etc.
- Ongoing support throughout your volunteer journey
- Access to discounts and rewards through our reward & recognition program
Your support as a Volunteer means that our customers get to have a more engaging and rewarding experience. Some customers have little to no family and need the added benefit of your friendship and support. You have the chance to brighten the lives of some really interesting individuals.