We are seeking applications from enthusiastic individuals for the important role of Intake & Placement Coordinator. This role oversees the transition of surrendered or rescued cats from where they are currently kept to their temporary home with foster carers. This role works closely with the Foster Carer Relationship Manager to ensure cats receive the proper care and placement in foster homes, preparing them for successful adoptions and improving their chances of finding loving, permanent homes.
- Intake procedures - oversee the intake process of surrendered cats including documentation, health assessments, and initial vaccinations; liaise and coordinate with councils, pounds, animal rescue organisations and pet owners to receive rescued or surrendered cats.
- Foster placement logistics - coordinate the logistics of transferring cats from their current environment to foster homes and other locations as required.
Core Skills / Experience
- Interpersonal communication
- Customer service
- Team collaboration
- Organisational skills
- Passion for animal welfare
- 5-10 hours per week for a minimum commitment of 6 months
- Attendance at scheduled on-line meetings.
As this role is primarily virtual or home-based, you will need (at your own expense):
- Reliable computer
- Reliable mobile phone
- Reliable internet and antivirus
- Facebook Messenger account
- Google Workspace (incl. Gmail, Drive, Docs, Meet) experience.