Key responsibilities & duties
- Develop and maintain relationships with a target list of publications, editors and journalists
- Contribute to and align with the content calendar (in collaboration with Marketing Manager)
- Monitor social and news channels for stories and news to react to and comment on (in collaboration with the Policy Director)
- Place stories with publications and editors for publication (in collaboration with BtSt’s in-house Editor)
- Respond to media enquiries by providing soundbites, research, footage and written responses.
- Arrange & support BetterStreets representatives for interviews, speaking engagements and press conferences
- Maintain a ‘clipping library’ of coverage
Skills & experience required / desirable
- Experience in Media relations, traditional public relations
- Existing working relationships with relevant publications, editors and journalists
- Great communication skills
- Organised, resourceful, respectful
- Enthused by the Better Streets mission.