1. Who is the Racial Justice Centre
RJC is a not-for-profit founded by lawyers with lived experiences. RJC’s purpose is to eliminate racism and racial injustice, using the legal system, education and reform. It is fighting for a world where all people can live, thrive and enjoy life without racism. You can find out more about us on our racialjustice.au website.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, this role’s duties include, but are not limited to: Collaborating with the operations, IT and marketing teams to conceptualise and create compelling visual designs across various platforms.
- Developing engaging graphics, illustrations, and layouts for digital and print materials such as websites, social media content, brochures, advertisements, and more.
- Maintaining brand consistency and ensure design assets align with the company's visual identity guidelines.
- Staying up to date with design trends, tools, and techniques, and actively contribute ideas to enhance design processes.
- Attend monthly team meetings
- Have a passion for social justice
- Willing to contribute up to 3 hours a week
3. Attributes The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience as a graphic designer, showcasing a portfolio of work.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Canva and other relevant tools.
- Understanding of typography, colour theory, layout design, and visual communication principles.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines and maintaining quality standards.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively present and articulate design concepts.
- Highly adaptable with great problem-solving and organisational skills
4. Benefits of volunteering with the RJC Holding a role in this team brings with it many benefits and development opportunities, including:
- Senior-level strategy development and thinking
- Innovative and effective multi-channel communications
- Honing skills in marketing and communications
- An opportunity to increase community advocacy.
Please submit your EOI with your resume to [email protected]