About PAW Global: PAW global is a registered Australian Charity with a committee and approximately ten members. There is a self-governed branch of PAW global operating in Ukraine. PAW global was conceived as a tech not-for-profit, that harnesses the power of digital technology to do good and makes it easy for people around the world to help Ukrainian animals and shelters. It was founded immediately in the aftermath of the war in February 2022. Our key functions: • Direct assistance to and rescue of animals on the ground in Ukraine • Administration and fundraising activities in Australia and remotely online • Information to donate directly to verified shelters • Ukraine's largest pet adoption portal • Map-based resource to connect local Ukrainian animal shelters with nearby volunteers and organisations who can help.
Join us as the CEO of PAW Global, where your strategic and operational leadership will drive our mission of safeguarding animals globally. You will be steering the strategic, financial, and operational directives, ensuring all facets align with our mission and comply with regulations.
- Leadership: Offer impactful leadership and direction, inspiring our team of 15 committee members and volunteers.
- Strategy & Operations: Shape and implement organizational strategies, overseeing daily operations and financial management.
- Stewardship: Ensure organizational integrity, maintaining ethical and fiduciary responsibility.
- Collaboration: Work harmoniously with international teams, including a self-governed Ukrainian branch.
- Spokesperson: Act as the face of the organization, eloquently conveying our mission to diverse stakeholders.
- Development: Oversee program development and funding, ensuring alignment with organizational and recipient needs.
You’ll be supported by:
A dedicated team including a General Manager, Treasurer, and Secretary. The outgoing CEO/founder will facilitate a smooth transition, providing guidance in an advisory capacity as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience, particularly in business, animal welfare, or social sciences.
- Proven strategic leadership skills, with a knack for collaboration.
- Sound analytic and problem-solving skills, facilitating informed decisions.
- Capable of effective communication and cooperation with varied stakeholders.
- Proficiency in managing digital products and communicating with tech teams.
- Financial accountability and acumen.
- Not-for-profit experience and a senior management background are advantageous but can be offset by genuine passion and strategic vision.
- Experience in overseeing an organization’s operations is beneficial.
- An appreciation and understanding of animal welfare.
Who You Are:
- An animal lover, profoundly aligned with PAW Global values.
- Passionate about animal welfare with a resolute commitment to our cause.
- Ethical, values-driven, and possess unquestionable integrity.
- A visionary with a practical approach to realizing ambitious objectives.
- Eager to learn, instigate change, and exemplify excellent leadership.
Become a pivotal part of a team that’s dedicated to making a global difference in animal welfare. Your leadership and strategic insight will ensure that PAW Global continues to advance its crucial mission, protecting animals worldwide.
Let’s make a PAWsitive impact together!
Employment type: Part-time, hours as required, flexible, approximately 2 days/week Reports to: Committee or/and Board of Directors Remuneration: Unpaid/volunteer Location: Melbourne, Australia, remote as needed How to apply: Submit resume and a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining your suitability for the role and the reason for applying