The Brand team leads Amnesty International Australia’s brand and communications strategies to ensure Amnesty maintains its profile as Australia’s leading human rights organisation and continues to attract, engage and retain supporters to maximise our human rights impact.
The Brand & Communications Intern / Volunteer will work directly with our Brand Associate to support a number of tasks including content production for key communications platforms including the AIA website, supporting work that extends awareness and affinity of our brand with new and younger audiences, reporting on content performance, trialling of new content formats and assisting in the design and implementation of influencer marketing activities.
This role is an amazing insight into the world of brand management in a major human rights organisation, and you’ll be supported throughout with individual coaching and mentoring.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Working to a brief to write and publish blogs and key research reports to the AIA website
- Creating and sharing website content with AIA teams and external partners/suppliers for organic and paid promotion opportunities
- Presenting opportunities for influencers, media partnerships and emerging content formats that are on brand and meet KPIs
- Maintaining the influencer, media and content partnership database
- Managing influencer relations including outreach, briefing, onboarding, gifting, activating and overseeing the content deliverables process
- Creating reports to evaluate influencer activations and website content performance
- Other admin tasks as required
We’re looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic volunteer who:
- Has qualifications in or is currently studying Marketing, Communications, Digital Media or a related field
- Is highly organised with a strong attention to detail
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Is proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Has an understanding of social media platforms especially Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat
- Is passionate about human rights and social change
How to Apply
To learn more about this role, please view a detailed position description. If this role sounds like you please apply below with your CV and a brief cover letter addressing the following selection criteria questions.
- Why are you interested in this role and what makes you think you would be a good fit for the role?
- Please tell us about your verbal and written communication skills, and a time in which you had to use those skills effectively to achieve an outcome.
- Please tell us about your understanding and / or any experiences (paid or voluntary) using social media as a tool to effectively engage and communicate with others.
Applications close Sunday the 7th of January 2024 at 11.59pm AEDT. We’ll be looking to conduct interviews between from the 9th to the 20th of January and have the successful applicants start on the week starting Monday the 22nd of January 2024.
We’re open to candidates who are looking to organise an internship / placement arrangement as part of their studies. If this role suits the requirements of your internship / placement arrangement with your education institution, please let us know in your Cover Letter and provide details of your internship / placement arrangement including number or hours to be completed, approximate time-frame and any training, reporting or supervision requirements for the host organisation.
This opportunity within Amnesty International Australia is on a volunteer and unpaid basis. There is no intention to enter into an employment or legal relationship by either party in fulfilment of the duties as specified in this position description. By applying for this opportunity you agree to the above.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Amnesty
We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work, community and partner relationships. We want people to achieve their full potential, which will positively impact our work and the communities in which we operate. At AI Australia, our values empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment. We are a movement of people from all walks of life around the world. We intend to actively contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive team.
AIA is committed to making reasonable adjustments for candidates with a disability or other access needs during the recruitment and selection process. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment and interview process, please get in touch with us.