The GiW Assistant will assist with the following activities:
- Administration tasks, such as handwriting notes on GiW Donor Receipts and Cards, as well as scanning and filing.
- Database work (iMIS) including data entry and guided data research (ie identify donors who need contacting).
- Assist with standard donor calls to follow-up our Home Ever After program enquiries
- Support at events where possible.
To successfully undertake this role, the volunteer will possess the following skills, attributes and/or experience: Essential:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willing, comfortable and able to relate to a wide-range of RSPCA supporters, particularly older people
- Good/legible handwriting
- Great attention to detail
- Experience and/or confidence using databases or learning new systems
- RSPCA Volunteer experience
- Experience and enjoyment in providing great customer service
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values - clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration - set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers. Volunteers are an integral part of the RSPCA Victoria team. They play an active and vital role in helping to support our work to improve the welfare of animals and protect them from cruelty and neglect.
We are proud to be recognised as an Advanced Workplace in the Mental Health First Aid Workplace Recognition Program