The Volunteer Program Assistant will provide assistance with the following activities:
- Data entry support using Better Impact (Volunteer Management System) including – roster changes, personal information updates, sending birthday emails, resignations, running various reports and auditing of shift attendance.
- Proactively reaching out to volunteers by phone or in person to seek feedback as well as offering assistance when required.
- Assistance with managing the Volunteer inbox by providing courteous, professional and timely responses to queries from both internal and external contacts (with the help of templates for generic responses)
- Assistance in ordering and distribution of volunteer name badges.
- Assisting with other volunteer engagement related tasks including recognition activities and ad hoc tasks to support the team.
To be successful in this role, the volunteer will possess the following necessary skills and attributes: Essential:
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office capabilities, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new systems
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as part of a small team
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- “Can do” proactive attitude
- Skill in writing and editing content
- Current or recent RSPCA Volunteer experience
- Occasional flexibility with days/times would be helpful
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values - clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration - set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers. Volunteers are an integral part of the RSPCA Victoria team. They play an active and vital role in helping to support our work to improve the welfare of animals and protect them from cruelty and neglect.
We are proud to be recognised as an Advanced Workplace in the Mental Health First Aid Workplace Recognition Program