About Cancer Council NSW
Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) is a community funded and focused not for profit. We are the largest cancer charity in NSW and our point of difference is that we work across every area of every cancer, from research right through to support.
CCNSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.
About the role
Reporting to Nikola Ellis, Training and Support Services Specialist, this volunteer role will support the work of the Supportive Care team, duties including:
- Contacting volunteers, community organisations and clients of the Supportive Care team via phone and email to obtain relevant information
- Work cooperatively with other volunteers and Cancer Council staff
- Participating in team and one on one meetings
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in our CRM system
Our ideal volunteer
- A friendly manner, great communication skills and willingness to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as undertake self-directed work
- Strong time management skills with ability to manage tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
About the benefits
- Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future
- Apply your professional skills to work that makes a difference
- Access our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
- Volunteer in an organisation that is recognised for Voice Project's 2021 “Best Workplace” and “Change Champion" Award.
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online and you will receive instructions on how to send your application to us.
For further information regarding this role, please first apply and you will be provided with contact details. (Seek policy).
For more information about volunteering and Cancer Council NSW, please go to our website.