About the role
The Maintenance Volunteer works at the Refugee Resource Hub, Dandenong to assist with the everyday maintenance and operations of the centre.
Assisting with daily facilities management projects and tasks as requested including:
- Ongoing centre maintenance including coordinating repairs and checks
- Providing advice on potential construction and feasibility of future projects
- Repairs and installation where possible
This role reports to the Reception Coordinator at the Refugee Resource Hub.
Refugee Resource Hub, Dandenong
This role is looking for a minimum commitment of 1 shift per week, ideally for 6 months. Shifts available Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm, shift times are flexible.
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience in facilities management or building maintenance would be an advantage
- Previous trade experience
- A hands-on approach to dealing with issues
- Demonstrated ability to use own initiative and ‘common sense’
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as effectively as part of a team
- A keen attention to detail and a passion for finding solutions to challenging problems
- Full Victorian driver's License is desirable
Training & Requirements
- ASRC Volunteer Induction
- Volunteer Agreement
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Program Specific Training
All offers of employment, paid or voluntary, are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is both a place and a movement. We are an independent not-for-profit whose programs support and empower people seeking asylum to maximise their own physical, mental and social wellbeing. As a movement, we mobilise and unite communities to create lasting social and policy change for people seeking asylum in Australia. We are proud to be owned and run by our community of volunteers and supporters. We pride ourselves on living and breathing our values in all areas of our work – our values are who we are and guide how we operate.
The ASRC values are:
For more information email [email protected]