Mission to Seafarers (MTS) Brisbane is one of 27 MTS centres in Australia. MTS provide care and support to seafarers, who deal with many challenges and are far from home. MTS assist seafarers to connect with family, mentally and spiritually recharge and to access medical, welfare and chaplaincy services.
MTS Brisbane, located in the Port of Brisbane, is looking for new volunteers to join their warm and friendly team (seriously, they are really lovely) for one or more days per week, Monday to Friday.
This is a great volunteering opportunity for a volunteer who wants a role with variety. Tasks include (but may not be limited to):
- volunteering in the MTS retail store and assisting with the online store
- great customer service and people skills, including being able to socialise with seafarers
- sales, cash handling and operation of the point of sales system
- inventory and restocking
- mini-bus driving - taking seafarers to social and other engagements
- minor maintenance tasks such as gardening
- providing support to the treasurer and accountant with profit and loss statements, foreign exchange and banking.
This role can be shaped to suit the volunteer - you can do some of or all of the above.
Mission to Seafarers are seeking several volunteers who are: *trustworthy and reliable
- compassionate by nature and are able to get along with people from everywhere (literally!)
- great communicators and who work well within a team
- reasonable computer skills
- First aid and CPR is also beneficial
- A driver's licence is preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
MTS is looking for volunteers who can support and share their vision, mission and values.