Volunteers will provide support Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (over two shifts) and Thursdays 3pm to 6pm only (Orthopaedic Fracture Clinic).
The role includes:
- Provide support and comfort to infants and children upon request only. This may involve caring for an infant or child while their parent/carer leaves the ward.
- Read to children in inpatient and outpatient areas.
- Keep colouring sheets and pencils/texters stocked/sharpened.
- Sit with children while they colour in, play games and read.
- Distribute toys to inpatient and outpatient areas, ensuring to clean all items after each use and keep Playroom clean and tidy.
- Help prepare the craft packs and load the activity trolleys.
- Utilise equipment such as Therapy Robot and Projector.
- Smile and greet everyone you come into contact with.
- Work collaboratively with the Reception/Ward Staff in to provide directions and assistance to clients.
- Identify any hazards and report immediately to appropriate area supervisor.