This role is advertised by Volunteer West, the volunteer resource centre of Australian Multicultural Community Services on behalf of Wyndham Football Club (WFC)
Organisation description WFC is committed to making soccer more accessible, affordable, diverse, and inclusive in the Wyndham community for all people, irrespective of their socioeconomic, religious, and ethnic backgrounds.
The role of Vice President is to work closely with and support the club President. They will undertake the duties and responsibilities of the President if the President becomes unavailable for any reason (In accordance with club rules). The role of Vice President is the ideal position for those considering becoming the club President in the future, as the Vice President should work closely President to support them to undertake the leadership and governance responsibilities of the club.
Essential skills and requirements
- Can communicate effectively
- Is well informed of all other tasks — handle bookings and entries, respond to general duties as directed by the club
- Can oversee organisational activities
- Is aware of the future directions and plans of members
- Has a good working knowledge of the rules of the club and the duties of all office holders and subcommittees
- Is a supportive leader for all club members.
- Able to chair committee or executive meetings.
- A good understanding of league requirements at local, regional and higher levels.
- Unbiased and impartial on all issues.
- Receptive to change.
- Dedicated club person.
Expected Time Commitment:
- Ongoing, 3 hours per week
- Working with children certificate
- This role can be made suitable for a volunteer with a disability.