VoCNT offers a variety of practical and emotional support services and prevention activities. We advocate for and promote public and government awareness of the rights, needs and interests of victims of crime.
In partnership with the Northern Territory Government, VoCNT has provided:
- Information, referral, crisis support and counselling.
- Assistance to prepare victim impact statements and CVSU applications.
- Darwin Local Court, Courthouse Support Program
- Financial Assistance in resecuring residential and business properties, and vehicles.
- Home security assessments and improvement funding for at risk/vulnerable people.
- Business security audits.
- Remote community projects focused on building safety.
- Victim support in Youth Justice Conferencing.
- Crime prevention education and activities.
VoCNT provides support from offices in Darwin and Alice Springs, and maintains a regular presence in Tennant Creek, Katherine and Nhulunbuy. We have employees working in a blend of full and part time hours. Volunteers play an essential role by supporting the governance of the organisation, providing the courthouse support program, and assisting with VoCNT’s promotional activities.
Driver's License preferred but NOT required.