RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values - clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration - set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
Volunteers are an integral part of the RSPCA Victoria team. They play an active and vital role in helping to support our work to improve the welfare of animals and protect them from cruelty and neglect
- Assisting with the maintenance of a clean and hygienic prep room, clinic laboratory and central sterile storeroom.
- Assisting in the disinfection and sterilisation of surgical instruments for procedures
- Deliver and contribute to a gold standard level of care, through maintaining gold standard hygiene
- Previous experience as a nurse or experience in a hospital environment is highly desirable.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment
- Great communication
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow oral and written instructions carefully
- A flexible, friendly and positive attitude
- An understanding/acceptance that humane euthanasia is unfortunately part of clinic processes.
- An understanding of anaesthetic recovery