- Looking for a way to give back to your community?
- Do you like talking to people and want to make a difference in those affected by cancer?
About Cancer Council NSW
Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) is a community funded and focused not for profit. We are the largest cancer charity in NSW and our point of difference is that we work across every area of every cancer, from research right through to support.
CCNSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.
About the role
Cancer Council NSW’s Relay for Life is a wonderful event where everyone in the community can unite in the vision of a cancer free future. It is a day filled with fun, festivities and strengthening and creating friendships. When you become a member of the RFL Committee, you take on great responsibility. Together with fellow committee members and your Cancer Council Staff Partner you are producing an event that can have a positive impact on the lives of thousands of people in your community and throughout the country. By helping people to raise money and cancer awareness you, and everyone involved in RFL, are contributing towards a cancer free future.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Attend monthly committee meetings in the lead up to the event and more frequent committee meetings in the 2 months before the event.
- Work with other committee members to achieve the overall targets for the event including participant registration, team registrations, fundraising, sponsorship and community support.
- Communicate regularly with other committee members.
- Respond to emails and calls from other committee members and any other requests from the Committee Chair.
- Promote Relay to your networks including friends, family and co-workers.
- Assist with recruiting teams, Survivors and Carers to the event.
- Commitment to volunteering and working as a team member.
Our ideal volunteer will have:
- Knowledge of the local area in which the Relay is held.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate within a team environment.
- Good organisational skills, including punctuality.
- Experience in the particular area of the committee in which you intend to work Desirable.
- Experience in working with committees is an asset.
- Events experience is an asset but not required.
Benefits of the role for the volunteer:
- Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future.
- Be part of a dynamic team that works with community and our supporters.
- Learn new skills, gain valuable work experience and apply your professional skills to work that makes a difference.
- You’ll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
- Volunteer in an organisation that is recognised for Voice Project's 2021 “Best Workplace” and “Change Champion" Award.
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online and you will receive instructions on how to send your application to us.
For further information regarding this role, please first apply and you will be provided with contact details. (Seek policy).
For more information about volunteering and Cancer Council NSW, please go to our website.