Fresh Start is a not-for-profit addiction and substance use disorder recovery program that utilizes holistic, evidence and science-based treatment to facilitate a future free from the effects of addiction and substance use disorders for individuals, their families and the wider community.
Who we are looking for: Fresh Start is a not-for-profit addiction and substance use disorder recovery program that is looking for a reliable, efficient and easy-going person, who enjoys cooking a variety of healthy home cooked meals, for our residents who are in the early stages of recovery and detoxification.
Starting date: As soon as possible
How many days min a week/fortnight are we looking for? One or Two Allocated days a week cooking the evening meal
Particular days needed: Relief for Wednesdays (Feb 9th - March 15th)
Start and finish time: 3pm - 6pm or 2pm - 5pm
- Preparing home style meals for residents
- Meal planning would need to take into account dietary needs/lifestyle choices
- There can be up to 12 or more people at the evening meal.
- Let the Lodge know ingredient requirements a week before the rostered day to cook. (Staff at Lodge will provide the ingredients requested)
- General clean up required with pots and pans, utensils used for cooking only.
Training: Induction Food Safety Course Certificate
Benefits: Work experience learning to cook for larger groups Become a part of a team Take an active part in the community Boost your confidence and self-worth
Impact: As a cook at the Lodge the role is crucial to ensuring that patients are healthy and fed. The power of a home cooked meal is soul warming and can make clients feel safe and comfortable.
Requirements: Police Check Food Safety Certificate Fresh Start reserves the right to random drug testing of all staff, employees and residents at any time