Why Choose Baptcare?
Baptcare was established by Volunteers over 78 years ago. We acknowledge, celebrate and appreciate volunteering in all its varying forms. We support and encourage each Volunteer to have a deeply meaningful, engaging, and inspired journey.
We are a purpose driven organisation working across Victoria, Tasmania, and South Australia, providing residential and community care for older people and support to children, families, and people with disability, financially disadvantaged people and people seeking asylum.
Our work brings people of all ages, cultures, beliefs, and circumstances to live their lives with meaning, through personalised and innovative solutions, tailored to enhance their health, safety, comfort, and spirituality. By joining Baptcare as a Volunteer you are joining a team of like-minded individuals who believe in the gift of giving time.
About the Volunteer role
In this role you will meet with at least one resident regularly. You and your match will negotiate visits as to when suits you both, knowing this may change from time to time. You will have the opportunity to visit the resident in their room, in one of our shared homely lounges or partake in a walk around our beautiful gardens.
Share a cuppa, a chat, a laugh, and a joke, before reporting back to your site's Leader of Volunteers to document your visit so we can ensure we meet our compliance requirements.
The time you give, adds to the total contribution of Baptcare Volunteers which was collectively more than 300,000 hours last year. Volunteering with us means turning up to a role you love, with people you admire who deeply value the power of connection and community. Most importantly value you, for you. Each of our homes creates a community within a community which is in large part because of our Volunteers.
Are You the Perfect Fit?
Baptcare volunteers share a passion and commitment to supporting people in need. They come from all walks of life, ages and backgrounds and include retirees, students, part-time workers, stay-at-home parents, and skilled professionals.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Have a genuine interest in engaging and providing emotional support to an Aged Care resident(s)
- Provide an up-to-date immunisation statement, including COVID vaccines (Minimum dose 1 and 2).
- Present 100 points of identification for a National Criminal History Check, every 3 years. Be prepared to undertake training relevant to the role, with via e-learning or face-to-face.
- Provide 2 non-related referees who can extensively validate your good character.
For those who have lived overseas above the age of 16 years:
- Possess a current visa and Vevo check documentation (if applicable).
We Value our Volunteers – Here’s what’ in it for you:
- Inclusion in our Reward & Recognition Program which includes length of service recognition, vouchers, We Care Values Awards Program,
- Volunteer education assistance through face-to-face and electronic learning modules
- Access to our wellness assistance program, including counselling services.
- Discounts on health insurance and computers
- Be included in special events such as morning/afternoon teas, wellness and cultural days, and so much more
- Our team is genuine in the support they offer, whether it be helping you to secure the right paid employment opportunity, supporting your development and growth while you are volunteering for us.
- Access to our My Impact portal for easy recording of Volunteer impact hours, e-learning modules, our news platform which is specifically designed for Volunteers and communicating with your Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- Exclusive access to new Volunteer roles before we go to market for those looking to increase hours or to try something new.
At Baptcare, we are passionate about ensuring equity in volunteering opportunities and embracing diversity and inclusion to the benefit us all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Interested in how we are unique? Ask our Talent Acquisition Lead, Marina, about our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Strategy and Working Groups.
Want to join us? - How to apply
Sound like you? Hit APPLY now or call Marina on 03 9831 7294 for a confidential discussion.
Baptcare acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we work and live. We are also committed to equal opportunity and strive to promote diversity, inclusion, belonging, flexibility, and accessibility in all that we do.
Should you require assistance in your interactions with us or through a recruitment process, please let us know so we can provide adjustments for you.