Expression of Interest
Join the Climate Emergency Darebin Advisory Committee! The City of Darebin has a proud history of leadership in tackling climate change. Help contribute to a new Climate Emergency Plan to set priorities and actions for our climate response until 2030.
We are seeking new members to join the committee. Please note, these are volunteer roles.
What's the role? Committee members work within the Terms of Reference to provide advice and recommendations to Council in relation to:
- climate emergency leadership
- implementing climate and emergency strategies and actions in the Council Plan
- rapid community emissions reduction
- ongoing development and review of policies, strategies and plans that directly and indirectly impact the Darebin community around the climate emergency
What's the format? The Committee is chaired by a Councillor with support of a Council Officer. Members meet quarterly in hybrid meetings for a 2-hour duration, after business hours.
What are the benefits?
- become an active member of the local Darebin community
- social connection and networking
- gain experience and learn new skills
How do I apply? Contact Darebin’s Environment Programs Officer (Climate Emergency), Natalie, to submit an expression of interest: Phone: 8470 8392 or Email: [email protected]
This volunteer role requires committee members to:
- work in accordance with the City of Darebin values
- adhere to the City of Darebin's Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures
- work in accordance with the Child Safe Standards