Cancer Council WA operates the Wig Service at Milroy Lodge, Shenton Park. There is an extensive range of wigs, turbans, scarves, wig caps and beanies in a range of styles and colours, which may be borrowed by patients at no cost. These items may be used for as long as required and exchanged as many times as needed, while going through their cancer treatment.
Cancer Council WA is seeking a volunteer Wig Service Housekeeper to assist with the behind-the-scenes tasks to ensure a smooth service is provided for clients accessing the program.
Key task and responsibilities:
- Maintenance, cleaning, repairs and sewing labels into Wigs.
- Monitor stock levels
- Developing and keeping an inventory of stock in the database
- Washing wigs, turbans, beanies and scarves (both stock and donations)
- Logging donated and/or purchased items
- Attend any required training and team meetings
- Participate in a regular feedback process and annual reflection
This role would include varied tasks and will provide the opportunity of learning new skills in a caring and friendly work environment. Training will be provided by the Wig Service Coordinator.