At StreetSmart, we believe everyone should have a safe and secure place to call home - join our board as Co-Sec to help us respond to and prevent homelessness in Australia. We are a national charity working to support people who are homeless or at risk. Our campaigns raise vital funds and awareness for small, ‘hard to reach’ grassroots homeless services and projects. To date, we’ve raised and distributed over $12 million in funds and supported over 1,100 homelessness and community services across Australia.
After two years, our current Company Secretary is retiring from the Board and we are looking for a skilled and passionate person to join the Board as a Director and Company Secretary.
Company Secretarial Responsibilities Your role is to act as Company Secretary to StreetSmart Australia Ltd in accordance with the Constitution and applicable legislation (including the Australian Charities & Not for Profits Commission and the Corporations Act).
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Maintenance of the Company registers including register of members and directors;
- Management of Board papers, coordination of the completion and despatch of Board papers, organisation and coordination of meetings including preparation of the agenda and taking of minutes;
- Statutory compliance with applicable governance requirements including ACNC governance standards;
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Company Constitution;
- Preparation and submission of appropriate documentation for ACNC, ASIC, State licencing bodies and similar organisations;
- Maintenance of the Company’s insurance policies;
- Providing input into the annual audit and preparation and filing of the Annual Accounts;
- Organisation of the annual Board and Committee calendar of meetings;
- Provision of advice to Chair on procedural requirements;
- Provision of Corporate governance input to the Board and Management Team; and
- Provide broader strategic and business advice.
If you’re interested in the role, please send a resume and covering note to outgoing Company Secretary, Katarina Throssell, and the Chair, Barry Moore: [email protected]