Cancer Council WA is seeking volunteers with a sensitive and caring nature to provide support and assistance to cancer patients with the temporary management of hair loss associated with cancer treatment. Volunteers assist clients to select, fit and care for headwear that they feel most comfortable with.
Cancer Council WA Wig Service operates by appointment and is based at Milroy Lodge, Shenton Park. The service has a team of volunteers who participate via a regular roster and are supported by a Cancer Council staff member.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- assist cancer patients to select appropriate wig, turban or scarf
- demonstrate to clients how to fit and care for selected items
- keep accurate records of all loans and returns on a daily record sheet
- attach sew-on labels to wigs as required
- regularly attend to the orderly display and storage of wigs
- attend any required training and team meetings
- participate in a regular feedback process and annual reflection
Please note: training will be provided so hairdressing experience is not essential for this role