As a volunteer you will: Assist the Maintenance Officer keep the grounds in a tidy and presentable condition.
Under instruction carry out general tasks such as cleaning, sweeping, weeding, clipping, and pruning to ensure clean and tidy grounds with well-groomed gardens.
What we look for in our volunteers
- Genuine interest and a passion for volunteering
- Commitment to our cause
- Enthusiasm and positivity
- Good Judgement – knowing the difference between right and wrong, good and bad
- Reliability – willing to devote a set amount of time regularly and be punctual
- Empathy – ability to understand the plight of a particular person or situation without being judgemental
- Good communication and interpersonal skills– positive and respectful interaction with everyone
- Self-assurance – able to take constructive criticism on board to improve skills and ability to help others
- Adaptability to cope with change and a busy workplace
- Ability to convey the organisation’s message to groups and individuals