Harold Hawthorne Community Centre is a not for profit organisation based in Carlisle within the Town of Victoria Park. This vibrant community centre runs various community activities, provides care to people living in their own homes, independent living retirement village and social housing units. Our centre is dedicated to assisting seniors and people with disabilities to remain in their own home and continue to live independently within their community.
The Centre is currently seeking one volunteer to assist at Harrys Diner on week days between 11.30am and 1.30pm.
- Greet and assist with seating diners.
- Serving of meals and beverages.
- Clear tables of crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Sort, wrap and roll cutlery.
- Clean/wipe tables, chairs and other surfaces.
- Promote safety by following organisational operational health and safety requirements and guidelines
- Communicate respectfully with all individuals including volunteers, clients, representatives, employees and the community
- A strong commitment to working with older people and young people with disabilities
- A satisfactory Police clearance (we can arrange this for you with your written consent and identification)
- A caring and compassionate personality with a commitment to enhancing Clients Independence, Dignity and Comfort.
- The ability to work as part of a team and autonomously with minimal supervision.