We are a community-based organisation, passionate about supporting families in our community by providing a wide range of good quality educational, social and recreational toys that may be beyond the resources of the average family.
The toy library is supported by members who as a condition of membership volunteer their time once a term for toy library duty and contribute to fundraising and stocktake activities.
To continue to provide excellent service to the residents of the City of Belmont we are looking for a volunteer to work for two hours on a Saturday morning and/or one hour on a Wednesday morning (fortnightly). We have availability for volunteers who wish to work on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly as they are available. The role would include:
- Organisation of the returning toys on to the shelves in the library in a way that ensures they are still visible and appealing
- Remarking toys as needed
- Make a note of toys that are needing repair or missing pieces replaced
- Show families and children appropriate toys for the child’s age and stage
- Assist with the processing of toy return and the checkout of toys
- Trialling effective process and procedure to make the toy library as easy as possible
- Actively promote the benefits of the toy library and the importance of volunteers in the continuation of community-based organisation