SHINE for Kids values the time, energy, effort and support our volunteers contribute to the organisation. We rely on volunteers’ dedication and talents to serve children and young people who have a parent in prison.
- Promote a caring, culturally appropriate and non judgmental environment for children where they are the priority and where they, and their families, are treated with dignity and respect.
- Ensure a safe environment for all those who attend the Centre.
- Maintain an open, warm and professional relationship with all parents (inmate and non-inmate) and share positive information about children with their parents.
- Assist the Child and Family Worker to co-ordinate Centre and prison in-visit events such as Christmas parties, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and cultural events and activities such as NAIDOC Day, Chinese New Year, etc.
- Be aware of, and adhere to, SHINE for Kids policies and procedures including the Professional Conduct and Ethics Policy.