Bethanie’s Living Well Centres provide older people still living at home the chance for a day out with activities and socialising to improve wellbeing and offer respite for carers.
A day at a Living Well Centre includes morning pick-up of clients in the Bethanie van; morning tea/lunch/afternoon tea either at the Centre or out if an excursion day; activities/games/socialising; afternoon drop-off of clients back home.
Volunteers are treated as valued members of the Bethanie team and are needed to help provide support and interaction with clients. Key tasks including:
- Accompanying staff during pick-up and drop-off of clients;
- Assisting with set up and running activities or special events at the day centre;
- Providing social support and companionship;
- Helping to serve morning tea and lunches;
- Assisting with excursions and special outings;
- Helping with clean up after meals and at the end of day. We are particularly seeking Volunteers with availability from 8am to 4pm on weekdays who can commit to at least 6 months of support.