The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of PRONIA.
Do you enjoy talking and socialising? We're looking for friendly people to visit frail elderly people in the home or within residential aged care homes. The individuals are socially isolated and of Greek background living within the community and would love to have a cup of tea or chat.
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and as a team member
- Flexibility and self-motivation
- Punctuality, reliability and honesty
- Ability to communicate in the client’s preferred language in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner
- Maintain confidentiality
- Patience and a helpful manner when dealing with frail elderly or younger clients with a disability
- A caring & non-judgmental approach to supporting clients
- Ability to adjust to a client’s social / emotional and psychological well-being without becoming personally involved
Role location: Suburbs of North, West, East & South regions