Based at Linlithgow Ivanhoe, and in the community during excursions, and to pick up and drop off participants to their homes. The volunteer Bus Driving role is valued at Linlithgow, and duties include -
- Driving Uniting's 12 seater bus in Ivanhoe to collect older aged Linlithgow participants from their homes in the morning to take them to the centre in Ivanhoe for their program and to take the participants home again in the early afternoon.
- Driving Uniting's 12 seater bus to take staff, volunteers and participants on excursions, local outings, places of interest to the participants.
- Providing activities support duties, with guidance from Linlithgow staff, to ensure excursions are provided in a safe, accessible and engaging manner. Volunteer duties include working with Linlithgow staff to support participants on an off the bus, load and unload e.g. picnic supplies, walking frames, join in activities whilst excursion is on e.g. picnic, games, scenic walks.
Requirements: ESSENTIAL -
- Current Victorian vehicle driving licence. One year or more experience driving a 12 seater bus or similar vehicle, with no past or current significant traffic or vehicle infringements.
- Ability to work independently with guidance and supervision, and as part of a team, and maintain effective communication with participants, staff and volunteers.
- Good literacy and numeracy and spoken English, for clear communicationwith participants, staff and volunteers and using GPS to get to various locations locally.
- Current medical certificate of good health to undertake the volunteer role.
DESIRABLE - Bus driving experience, particularly transporting people aged over 65 years. Activities support experience, e.g. sport, recreation, hobbies, games.